Nordic skiers are rejoicing with all the new snow! And the Nordic ski area operators from northern Vermont to southern Vermont are pretty darn happy, too!
We went to our local cross-country center, Catamount Outdoor Center in Williston, Vermont, for a nice classic ski today. There was plenty of snow and the trails we skied were all groomed with classic tracks.
There were some wet spots to avoid on the trail, so some long-term freezing weather would be great! (You really don't want to ski through damp snow or water. Your skis will freeze up and snow will clump to them. Good to have a plastic ski scraper with you just in case.)
You might recall that last season was really tough for Nordic centers, so there were smiles all around today: skiers and staff alike!
Catamount Outdoor Center at a glance
- 35 km of cross-country skiing trails
- Trails in both the woods and fields
- Snowshoeing trails and a sledding hill, too
- Offers nighttime nordic skiing Tues./Weds./Thurs.
- Ski rentals and lessons available
- Operated as a nonprofit organization
- Located at 592 Governor Chittenden Road, Williston, Vermont
<link internal-link internal link in current>Follow this link to check out our links to Vermont Nordic center snow conditions.