We're hoping that this snowstorm that is now passing through Vermont will leave a decent amount of snow in its wake! The timing of the storm was later than they expected, and the storm totals have vacillated a bit. Bottom line: We'll have to wait to see what happens by the time the storm winds down by Saturday night!
One thing that seems to be clear is that the winds are now blowing in the mountains and they are expected to blow tomorrow, too. Bolton Valley ski resort canceled night skiing tonight due to winds, and I see that the weather station atop Mt. Mansfield has clocked 48-mph winds and at least one gust to 70 mph today.
Do check in with the ski resort that you are planning to visit on Saturday to see if their upper chairlifts are operating, or if they are on wind hold. <link internal-link>See our direct links to Vermont ski resort snow reports here.
Whether you plan to cross-country ski, backcountry ski or downhill ski, here's hoping that we have a lot of snow to play in tomorrow and Sunday!