It was below zero this morning when we were making French toast. We lazily drank coffee and waited until things warmed up.
With the sun shining brightly, we clicked into our skinny skis and hit the snowy trails at Catamount Outdoor Family Center. There was great coverage, which is not always the case at this low-elevation Nordic center in Williston, Vermont. And they had groomed and set nice tracks. It was some of the best classic skiing we've done at Catamount!
There are two sides to the trail network: the field side and the woods side. We went for the sunny field side. We looped around a couple of fields and up and down a hillside. On clear days you get panoramic views from the hilltop. You can see Mt. Mansfield, Bolton Mountain, Camel's Hump and the Adirondacks, as well.
Catamount's snow report said 20K of cross-country trails were groomed and track-set. We're so thankful for the snow, and the sun!
Catamount Outdoor Family Center at a glance
- 35 km of cross-country skiing trails
- Trails in both the woods and fields
- Snowshoe and fat bike trails and a sledding hill, too
- Nighttime Nordic skiing on Tues./Weds./Thurs.
- Ski rentals and lessons available
- Operated as a nonprofit organization
- Located at 592 Governor Chittenden Road, Williston, Vermont