<< <link https: www.skimaven.com post _top external-link-new-window vermont ski resort opening>FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR 2016 OPENING DATES >>
-Updated 1/8/2016 AM-
When will ski resorts in Vermont open for the 2015-2016 season? This question has been hard to answer. We've seen a warmer-than-normal November and early-December so snowmaking conditions have not been steadily optimal around the state. However, things were cool enough to allow several Vermont ski resorts to open Thanksgiving week or weekend.
The trade group called Ski Vermont put out a list of opening dates on November 18, and we've updated them where possible.
All these dates are weather permitting — you must check the <link internal-link internal link in current>ski resort's snow condition page before you go! Also check if the resort is closed during some of the midweek, and if it has early-season terrain available for your skiing level.
- Killington Resort: Open since October
- Okemo Mountain Resort: Tuesday, November 24, 2015
- Stowe Mountain Resort: Wednesday, November 25, 2015
- Sugarbush Resort: Thursday, November 26, 2015
- Mount Snow Resort: Thursday, November 26, 2015
- Smugglers’ Notch Resort: Friday, November 27, 2015
- Jay Peak Resort: Friday, November 27, 2015
- Stratton Mountain: Saturday, November 28, 2015
- Bromley Mountain: Saturday, November 28, 2015
- Bolton Valley: Thursday, December 31, 2015
- Burke Mountain Resort: Friday, January 1, 2016
- Middlebury Snow Bowl: Friday, January 1, 2016
- Pico Mountain: Saturday, January 2, 2016
- Suicide Six Ski Area: Wednesday, January 6, 2016
- Quechee Ski Area: Friday, January 8, 2016 (according to website)
- Cochran’s Ski Area: Friday, January 8, 2016 (according to website)
- Mad River Glen: Saturday and Sunday, January 9 & 10 (according to website)
- Magic Mountain: Sunday, January 17, 2016 (according to website)
- Northeast Slopes: TBD
- Nordic ski areas -- <link http: www.skimaven.com vermontskiresorts nordic _top external-link-new-window ski areas in>Check on status of your favorite areas, here.
Let’s all think cold, snowy thoughts!
Photos: Above, Stowe Mountain Resort's opening day on November 25, 2015. At right, snowmaking at base of Okemo Mountain, Vermont, on November 18, 2015. Courtesy of the resorts' Facebook pages.