Mount Snow joined Killington in spinning lifts in October. Cold temperatures and aggressive snowmaking allowed these resorts to open very limited terrain this early.
In November, Mother Nature provided snow, snow, snow!
Vermont ski resort planned opening dates 2018 - 2019 — weather permitting!
- Killington / Opened on October 19
- Mount Snow / Opened on October 27; at first only for weekend skiing
- Stowe / Opened on November 16
- Okemo / Opened on November 16
- Sugarbush / Opened on November 16
- Stratton / Opened on November 21
- Jay Peak / Opened on November 23
- Smugglers’ Notch / Opened on November 23
- Bromley / Opened on November 23
- Burke Mountain / Opened on November 23
- Middlebury Snow Bowl / Opened on November 24
- Mad River Glen / Opened on November 24
- Magic Mountain / Opened on Nov. 24; then Nov. 29 for the season
- Bolton Valley / Opened on Nov. 24, Dec. 1 - 2, and then December 7 for the season
- Pico Mountain / Opens on December 14
- Cochran's Ski Area / Opens on December 15
- Suicide Six / Opens on December 15
- Ski Quechee / Opens on December 22
- Check resort snow report pages for the very latest on their opening dates and conditions. Know before you go!
- Opening dates depend on Mother Nature's cooperation.
As of November 21, some cross-country centers are open including Trapp Family Lodge, Strafford, Craftsbury and Catamount.
Have you seen our annual Vermont lift ticket deals post?