Work was done and there was some fresh snow on the ground. It was the right time to hit night skiing at Bolton Valley.
The resort had been reporting a couple inches of fresh snow today and after some recent nasty weather that included rain, we were psyched to get outside and play. We arrived in time for twilight, when the clouds were moving around the summit as the sky darkened.
We weren't alone. Buses brought local kids to the ski area for their weekly after-school skiing. They were having a blast tearing up the slopes with their friends.
As usual, we liked the trails that were less traveled. Tonight that was the rather steep Spillway off of the Vista Quad and Butterscotch off of the Snowflake lift.
I've only ridden the Snowflake lift once before because it accesses mellow terrain. But tonight it gave us access to powdery turns! The hill had not been skied much and the snowmaking guns near the quad kept blowing some snow over. While it was a short run, it provided a couple of inches of powdery fun!
BOLTON VALLEY, VERMONT NIGHT SKIING AT A GLANCE
- Night skiing offered Wednesday through Saturday (more during holidays)
- 10 trails are lit, including terrain parks
- Four lifts at night, including the Vista Quad that ascends to 3,150 feet
- All lift tickets are valid for skiing and riding until the lifts close for the day. For instance, a daytime ticket is valid until 8 p.m. on days that night skiing is offered; you do not need to purchase a separate night ticket.
- A night-only ticket runs from 4 - 8 p.m.
- Check our list of <link http: www.skimaven.com post skimavens-annual-vermont-lift-ticket-discount-post-for-2013-2014-bring-on-the-skiing-deals _top external-link-new-window>Vermont lift ticket deals for night skiing discounts